Super easy pecan pie – takes around an hour to make.
- puff pastry (enough to line your pie pan; 1 packet should do the trick)
- 200 g pecans
- 400 ml caramel sauce or about 36 unwrapped soft caramels
- 100 g brown sugar (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 3 eggs
- vanilla beans from 1 vanilla pod
- 50 g butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Lay the puff pastry out to thaw.
- Line your tart/pie pan with the puff pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes with pie weights (baking blind). I laid a piece of parchment paper on the puff pastry and used about 1 kg of dried black beans as pie weights.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the caramel, butter, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Slowly fold the caramel sauce and lemon juice into the egg mixture.
- Pour the caramel mixture in the pan.
- Arrange the pecan pieces in a radial pattern.
- Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool until the filling is set, around 30 minutes.