- 1 loaf of french bread, sliced and toasted
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2-3 vine tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the peppers in the oil until they are soft. Add the tomatoes.
- Add the sugar and capers. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh basil, and take the pan off of the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve to the side of the bread, or spoon some on each piece of toast. Up to you!