- 2 cups of packed fresh basil leaves
- You can get a 4 oz box of basil from Trader Joe’s for about $2.50. I used this whole box. Or, if there is an asian grocery nearby, you can get a ton of basil on the cheap there.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 2/3 cup of EVOO (the better the quality of EVOO, the better this will taste!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Blend the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a blender or food processor.
- Add 1/2 cup of the EVOO and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cheese and remaining oil. Blend again.
- Adjust with salt and pepper, as needed.