When I think of a gardener’s soap, bursts of lemon, fir needle, eucalyptus, and tea tree come to mind. This cold process recipe will make about 12 four ounce bars.
*All measurements are weight measurements, not liquid measurements.
- 9.6 oz Palm Oil
- 9.6 oz Coconut Oil
- 9.6 oz Canola Oil
- 3.2 oz Sunflower Oil
- 10 oz water
- 4.6 oz lye (Sodium Hydroxide)
- 1 tbsp Bentonite Clay
- 1 tbsp Tumeric
- 0.2 oz. Tea Tree EO
- 1/2 tbsp Fir Needle EO
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon EO
- 1/2 tbsp Eucalyptus EO
- 1 tbsp steel cut oats
More detailed directions here.
- In a heat-safe container, add lye to your water, stir, set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine essential oils. Set aside.
- In a separate container, combine the base oils. Heat to about 120F.
- When the lye water is about 130F (within 10F of the oils), pour the lye water into your base oils and blend with a stick blender.
- Just before trace, add the EO blend, tumeric, oats, and clay.
- Pour in your mold, and allow to sit for 1 day.
- Unmold, cut, and cure for 6-8 weeks.