My first soapmaking experience: success!
Important note: Keep your soapmaking supplies separate from any other supplies. Spoons, spatulas, bowls, and containers used for making soap should be mutually exclusive from your normal eating utensils.
- Detergent Free Three Butter Soap – 2 lb Tray
- Lemon powder
- Steel cut oats
- Chamomile essential oil
- Silicon soap mold
Here is the YouTube video that I watched before making the soap
- Cut up 1 lb of the soap base into small cubes. Smaller cubes melt more evenly in the microwave.
- In a microwave safe container, melt 1 lb of the soap base at about 30-second blasts. Stir the soap in between the blasts. Soap melts like chocolate – it’s very finicky!
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the oatmeal
- Stir in ~1/8 to 1/4 tsp. of the chamomile essential oil. I added drops until I felt the scent was strong enough.
- Stir in ~1/4 tsp. of the lemon powder. Stir in more for a more yellow color or for a stronger lemon smell.
- Pour soap mixture in the soap mold. Let it sit for about 1 day.