Making homemade cookies is the best! I love cinnamon, so I added some to my usual chocolate chip recipe. This recipe makes about 20 cookies.
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups of semisweet (or bittersweet) chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large mixing bowl
- cup measures
- electric beater
- cookie sheet
- cooling rack for the cookies
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Hand stir the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a bowl. Then let sit for 5 minutes, until the sugar is absorbed by the butter. This produces flatter cookies that have a shiny top and are crispy at the edges.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the bowl. Beat.
- Don’t worry if you overbeat the eggs. Your cookies will still turn out fine! You only worry about overbeating them when you’re making something like meringue or angel food cake.
- Separately mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Add the flour mix at 1/2 a cup at a time, beating as you go.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet 1 tbsp at a time.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for ~5 minutes before you transfer them to the cooling rack.