I just tried this recipe the other night, and it is awesome! This is a vegetarian recipe, but for you meat-lovers out there, I’m sure you can stick bits of chicken, sausage, or bacon into the peppers.
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 crushed (or minced) garlic cloves
- 2/3 cups of wild rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (worth the cost… this recipe is SO good)
- 1/2 cup fresh, finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp tomato paste dissolved in 3 cups of hot water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 red, green, or yellow bell peppers
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and save them. Remove the seeds.
- Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until the onions are soft.
- Toast the pine nuts lightly.
- Mince the parsley.
- Cook the rice in the 3 cups of hot water and tomato paste. It took me about 20 minutes.
- Combine onions, garlic, rice, pine nuts, parsley, and raisins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into each bell pepper.
- Top each bell pepper with its top, and slide into the oven for about 15 minutes, or until they appear roasted. Lightly drizzle with olive oil before putting them in the oven.